The brakes are one of the most important parts of your vehicle when it comes to safety. While the entire braking system requires attention, the pads, shoes, rotors, drums and calipers – require regular attention because of their constant wear.
They should be inspected at least twice a year to determine their condition.
What is included in our Brake Service?
- We begin with a complete inspection of your car’s braking system
- Pads and shoes are replaced as needed
- Wheel bearings are repacked as needed
- The backing plate and caliper anchor are lubricated
- The brake fluid is topped off
- The hydraulic system is purged of air and adjusted
- Drums and rotors are refinished/replaced as needed
How can I tell when my brakes need servicing?
- You feel a grinding sensation as you come to a stop
- The vehicle pulls to one side when you apply the brakes
- The brake pedal can be depressed nearly to the floor
- A squealing or unusual noise is heard when you are driving
- In general, if there is something about your brakes that is making you unsure, you should have them inspected
If your vehicle is having Brake Problems, give Otsego Auto Care a call andSchedule Your Appointment today and let us earn your business.
Auto Care Tip of the Month
Brakes are one of the most important features of any vehicle for safety, handling, and control. Brake wear can vary due to driving style, type of vehicle, and the amount of useage. Average brake life is around 60k miles.